|Real Name||Bass Wily|
|Creation Date||Summer 2211|
|Primary Specialty||Fighting Rock|
|Secondary Specialty||Fighting Everyone Else|
|Weapons||Neo Buster, Stolen Primary Weapons, Fists, Gamma Cipher|
|Buster Colors||Black & Dark Purple|
|Game||Mega Man 7|
|Voice Actor||Nick Landis|
"My power is infinite, nothing can stand in my way to victory!"
Cunning, sadistic, arrogant, and obsessed, Bass is quite possibly one of the most deadly and powerful androids in existence. Created by Wily to serve the sole purpose of destroying Rock, Bass was designed with similar specifications. Due to this, he was automatically placed in command of the Robot Master forces, second only to Wily. A position which he has since lost to Magma Man. Bass is the only Robot Master with no pre-programmed limits on his behaviour, and he tends to contradict his creator on a somewhat regular basis. He is almost never punished for his insolence however, as Wily knows that without Bass on his side, his hopes for global conquest are nigh-impossible. Bass is rarely without his mechawolf Treble, who not only is a dangerous foe, but can also serve as a form of transportation as well as battle armor for Bass, increasing his power considerably. Without his armor, he can easily pass for a typical human of Asian descent. He prefers not to spend much of his off-time socialising with the other Robot Masters, instead either spending his time alone or with Treble.
Knowledge: Yakuza, Tactics, Cunning, Intimidating, Ruthlessness, Strategy, Knowledge: Rock, Kicking Aft, Looking Cool In Any Situation, Treble -- Ball-ball!
Dr. Wily had been working on Bass for most of the early year of 2211. Considering the sometimes rapid rate Dr. Wily is capable of building his androids, this means Bass had a lot of time put into his construction, and with good reason. His main purpose was to destroy Rock, otherwise known as Mega Man, and to replace Enker as the Force Commander of the Robot Master forces. Dr. Wily had likely grown tired of Enker's tactics of leading a grand charge against the enemy. An enemy, which had flying combatants and a multitude of ranged weaponry, ranging from plasma cannons to whirlwinds, water cannons and flame throwers.
Bass made his first appearance on the world stage after the liberation of Berlin from the Robot Masters. After the battle, most of the Maverick Hunters had retreated to tend to their wounded, but Rock had stayed behind. Here, Bass ambushed him in a battle that raged for hours. Bass had the advantage over the battle-weakened Mega Man, and was about to deliver the final blow when Blues, otherwise known as Protoman, stepped in at the last minute, leaving Bass laying on the battlefield next to his comrades.
Since then, Bass has proven to be one of the most dangerous of Dr. Wily's many androids. Capable of seemingly switching from an eerie calm to a psychotic rage in a matter of seconds, he can be extremely unpredictable, even to Dr. Wily. But he is not a berserker, in fact most things he does are calculated. One of the key figures of the Robot Wars does not survive for this long on rash decisions after all. But that is not to say Bass is not spontaneous. He may in fact be one of the more spontaneous of the Robot Masters, given his tendency to outright leave the faction for weeks at a time, only to return at his own convenience.
Bass is the third robot in existence to have been equipped with a weapon copy system, the Buster that was based on Rock's multi-tool capabilities. With his Neo Buster, Bass can not only fire high powered plasma blasts from his arm cannon, but is capable of assimilating weapons data from any adversary he can physically touch. This gives Bass an unpredictable and vast variety of weapons at his disposal, and often many different combat capabilities his base design does not have, such as projecting forcefields. His design was also one of the earliest in robot gestalt technology, which is now much more commonplace. The concept is that two or more robots can merge bodies and consciousnesses to become a single more powerful entity. Due to Bass being constructed prior to readily available gestalt technology, he is limited to only being able to gestalt with his mech-wolf companion Treble. Bass' power is such, however, that merges with most other robots would result in a net loss of power output.
Currently, Bass is not the Force Commander of the Robot Masters, a role which is currently filled by Magma Man. He has not always filled this role, despite it being one of the primary reasons for his construction. The role has, in the past, also been filled by Cut Man, Junk Man and Dust Man, amongst others. Even Duff McWhalen, otherwise known as Tidal Whale, held the position at one point if only for a single day.
Bass was amongst the first robots to be able to make use of gestalt technology, a technology that allows robots to combine their bodies and minds. Unlike the more prolific gestalt available today, where almost any robot outfitted with the technology can merge with another, with Bass he can only specifically merge with certain robots. While he has at one point merged with Dark Man, he more often merges with Treble. The process puts severe strain on his systems, however, so he does not use it very often.
Bass is a regular attendee at the Battle & Chase annual games. During the car chase, he almost exclusively enters using the Treble Darkstar, often with different modifications each year. While it may look and act like a transformation for Treble, it is in fact a completely separate entity.
- Bass is ambi-dexterous, meaning he is comfortable using either hand for any given task. This means he is just as capable of blasting you with either his left or right arm cannon.
- Bass possesses a Cipher, a weapon primarily used by Striders, named the Gamma Cipher. Designed by Mai Atsuki, Bass mainly had the weapon built as a mockery to Strider culture, but he does use it as a weapon on occasion.
- With an intelligence quotient (IQ) estimated at 125, Bass is of greatly above average intelligence, but below that of a genius. This intellect, combined with his ruthlessness and amorality, makes it extremely dangerous to underestimate what he is willing and capable of doing.
- While he normally has a maximum lifting weight of 3.2 metric tons (3200 kilograms), Bass has been known for some frankly absurd feats of strength when angered.
Mega Man is (in)famous for his variety of reploid power armors. Shadow, Falcon, Icarus and X-Fire to name but a few. Dr. Wily could not let this stand, and so designed and built an alternate armor mode for Bass, known as Gospel.
This was partly to keep Bass on par with his rival, but mostly just to mock Mega Man, as is the Wily way. With a variety of defensive and vitality draining capabilities, it has impressive lasting power. Also packing a variety of elemental attack systems, on top of the Neo Buster, it certainly isn't lacking in firepower either.
Bass also has the following Battle & Chase medals:
- 2216: Hand to Hand (Melee Combat) Gold
- 2225: Obstacle Course Bronze
- Bass was the 'deity' of the Church of Bass religious cult that was created and spread by the Robot Masters when they controlled large parts of Africa. Guts Man was the 'Pope'.
- 'Asteroid B' was an asteroid that was carved by the Robot Masters, primarily Astro Man, to resemble the head of Bass. It was dropped onto Scorpio, which resulted in the death of the Stardroid.
- Bass once attended college on the former space station Eurasia. He was in the same class as Rock. He was mainly in college to stalk Mega Man, and to hang out in a fraternity.
- Bass is a member of the Hunter's Guild. One of his more standout moments as a Guildsman was getting swallowed whole by a Gobul. He solved this problem by Megablasting his way out.
- Bomb Man once added a virus to the Robot Master E-Ring system in 2228, which caused the personalities of several Robot Masters to be in the wrong bodies for several weeks. Bass ended up in Dust Man's body. Giga Man ended up in Bass' body.
This section highlights any other characters who have a strong connection to Bass.
- Dr. Wily: Bass has a grudging respect for his father.
- Guts Man: He used to be pretty cool, until he decided he wanted to live with the 'other' family. Now he's just somebody Bass used to know.
- Bright Man: Occasionally gives free Flash Stopper. Unfortunately, this usually involves a free hug. Sometimes it's just easier to blow him up.
- Giga Man: A failed clone that was created by another failed clone, Scott Wily, to usurp Bass. Even after being recoded by Dr. Regal, Giga Man continues to be a thorn in Bass' side.
- Yuri Dragunov: He beat Magna Bass to a standstill with his bare hands. That amount of strength is worth some mutual respect. And he makes a good drinking partner.
- Devilotte de Deathsatan IX: Dr. Wily's newest protege. She's an alright kid, she even declared Bass as her 'Black Knight'.
- Bly: Bass tried to mould Bly and Geo Stelar into the 'Bass and Mega Man' of this generation. It didn't work out, but the two are still close friends.
- Rock: MEGA MAAAAANNN! Pretty much every second line in Bass' programming is 'Kill Mega Man'. Of course he's not going to like him.
- Marshall Rider: With Rock not currently taking much of an active combat role as of late, Bass has been left wanting. Even if Marshall already has Yuri as a nemesis, Bass still finds fighting the Commander of Star Force to be an enjoyable challenge.
- Clover Delamonte AKA Limelight: Bass ended up getting declared her 'heroic nemesis' for awhile. He likes to keep an eye on the fledgling supervillain's antics.
- Techno: Formerly close friends, Bass went through a period of treating him badly and they fell apart. He's currently trying to make amends.
- Ben Kavinsky: Some kid he ran into while ordering from Axl Burger. Blew up his apartment, and inadvertently set Ben on his current path. A path which seems to involve dark rituals for ultimate power.
- Lord Raptor: A dark being that was named 'Zombie Man' and made an honorary Robot Master for defeating Hard Man in a wrestling match. Bass sees the undead God of Metal as a potential friend, mostly because he's pretty awesome.
- Alia: She seems to have forgotten her power. Until then, she's fun to taunt.
- Ferham: Looks good in a Hooters outfit... it's about all she's good for.
- 1878-10-20: The Watch Is Over - The man comes around again.
- 2222-03-28: Badman - Bass finds something cool.
- 2228-08-06: Rage and Terror - Bass stews over a recent near-death experience.
- 2215-12-22: The Golf Cart Incident - Bass goes on a nihlistic rampage under the shadow of Nigh. He makes a new friend.
- 2223-02-08: The Lonely Southern Cross - Ciel goes flying off the deep end with a little push from Crux.
- 2223-02-10: The Hedonistic FMian - Ciel's possession comes to a head in Neo-Tokyo.
- 2225-04-03: Rock Your World - Rock gets a robot master factory blown up by just standing inside of it.
- 2225-04-13: Queensland Takeover - Ouroboros arrives in Queensland, New Zealand to open portals to allow their troops in - but a mysterious new group soon arrives to stop them....
- 2226-06-22: Lords of War - Two lords of war clash.
- 2226-07-14: Wily Hour - Dramatic - An extremely dramaful Wily Hour.
- 2227-06-10: FMianverse: Gemini Spark - FMianverse Gemini Spark gets taught about love.
- 2227-07-06: Crescent Moon Rockman Episode 9: Freak Like Me - The Mavericks, the Robot Masters and even the FMians have taught Zack Temple one thing: the only way you can live like you wish is by having the power to destroy everything in your path.
- 2227-07-23: Pride of Detroit - In the post-cyberpocalypse, a heroine rises to unite the world.
- 2227-08-04: Street Fighter: The Stage of History - In a gambit to flush out Clock Man, several interested parties travel to a universe that appears to be a duplicate of their own past. They take in some street fighting, and then they're taken in by street fighters.
- 2227-08-30: Crescent Moon Rockman: Season Finale - Everyone attempts to stop Clock Man from kidnapping CMRverse Sonia.
- 2227-10-27: Make A Statement - Dr. Wily holds a protest against the UN and gets stabbed to death. Just as planned.
- 2227-10-28: Real Robot Masters - The Robot Masters have pizza and beer after Dr. Wily got notkilled. The subject of Robot Masterdom appears.
- 2227-10-30: Halloween 2014 - The Fun Part - Luna Platz incites a barventure before the dumb dangerous part of Halloween starts. A lot of ridiculous things happen.
- 2227-11-14: Force and Justice - The Robot Masters attack a Force Metal refinery in El Paso.
- 2228-02-22: ULTRONQUEST: Menace of the Machine Man - Slur and the Robot Masters attack Innerpeace's Paradise Fountain with an army of strange robots. But what are they after?
- 2228-03-08: ULTRONQUEST: A Wish Come True - Slur and the Robot Masters attack the Avengers with the aid of their newly unstoppable ally, Ultron.
- 2228-03-16: The Great Allied Pub Crawl - For St. Patrick's Day, the Allied forces undergo a perilous journey across twelve bars, taking them on a journey around the world... and to Mars!
- 2228-06-21: Happy Father's Day - Slur launches a massive attack on the prison holding 2240's version of Dr. Wily.
- 2228-07-25: The 69th Annual Wily Hour - The Robot Masters are at it again with the hard-hitting social commentary. Sonia Strumm has some of her own grievances to air.
- 2228-12-10: Let's Make a House Call - Cache starts the day deciding to talk to a woman by showing up at her house with a giant army. He ends the day shot up and pledging to kill a goddess.
- 2228-12-16: Santa Wily - Winter is Coming - Dr. Wily occupies Harvard Square and compels co-eds to serve as elves in a mad scheme... to delight children?? This can't end well.
- 2229-02-18: Wilentines day - Bright Man has declared this week to be wilentines and that all Robot Masters must dress as cherubs during it! Now he goes to the most romantic city in the world(toronto) to spread the love!
- 2229-04-10: Predators - After responding to a distress call and running afoul of an angry alien, the survivors of the encounter awaken on a strange world...
- 2229-04-13: RMs in Berlin - Bass and Bright Man show up to give Europe an even HARDER time, so David Culper and Reiz show up to stop them. Bass gets more in touch with his feminine side. Elec Man reveals the truth about his SECRET DONGER.
- 2229-06-16: The Dark Man of Venus - Dark Man randomly attacks a starforce outpost on Venus. Impromptu interviews and combat ensue.
- 2230-03-08: Ben Kavinsky Memorial - Bright Man, the RMs and GENOCIDE take a day to honor Ben, and Versus shows up.
- 2230-11-14: Small Stick - On an expedition to SPACE LANKA to hack a server building and rescue it's IT staff, Blueside is run through MURDERWORLD by the maniacal Arcade!
- 2230-11-27: Dr. Wily Loves Christmas - Luna Platz invites Moondyne Mouse to a christmas gift-giving event with Bass and Dr. Wily.
- 2230-12-01: Bass & Water Lanterns - Bass interrupts the Water Lantern Festival to cause chaos and get a taste of Versus' new Adepts. But mostly to cause chaos.
- 2231-01-26: The Fall Of Space Lanka - The Unified Army assaults The Third Moon to rescue Sri Lanka. Dr. Stevenson introduces them to his brand new Pseudoroid pack.
- 2231-03-06: The Wily Hour - Darque Mistress Power Hour - Dr. Wily sponsors a plucky young upstart in her effort to become THE DARQUEST MISTRESS in a Wily Hour that will surely not be a train wreck of psychosexual memes.An Elvira reference will be made in every pose round.
- 2231-03-13: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot - Dr. Wily, settling into his role as the grandfather to a variety of weird Stevenson robots, takes the Pseudoroids out with some Robot Masters to teach them how to do a proper seasonally themed raid.
- 2231-03-28: This Plot Is Bass' Fault - When the maverick Dinosaur Tank appears out of nowhere in Detroit, there is a massive rush to stop it before it can level the city.
- 2231-05-28: A Man's Most Crushing Loss - Through no fault of Omni Bass' own, the world of 2241 is reset.