"Providence should be the hope of all Reploids; to dream for less is to have already lost."
An oath once given can never be broken. These were the words that Bit lived by during his time with the Coalition of Reploid Freedom, yet he now finds himself having broken that oath, starting again in a new world. Created as a Maverick, it was the only life he had evern known until the sickness that festered in the group became more than even he could bear. Abandoning his cause and serving his penance fighting in Star Force, he struggles to regain his honor and find a new purpose with his new army. His idealism for the Coalition's cause has been tempered into a somber sense of realism of the lives he took and the pain he has caused over the years. Still a brilliant combatant, he fights with the fire of a man on a personal quest to find new meaning in a post-Maverick life.
Anti-Hero, On The Cold Road To Hell, Versed In Lone Wolf And Cub, May In Fact Be Ogami Itto, Swordsmanship, Bushido, Zen Buddhism, Trapped Somewhere Between Darkness And Light, Nature Will Always Find A Balance, Prone To Magnakinetic Outbursts, Gazing Into The Abyss, Stop Gazing Back At Me
Created by Dr Sigmund Doppler along with his brother Byte. Both currently deceased. Part of a project that involved a magnetiv duality drive that possessed both positive and negative charges. Bit was the positive, Byte the negative. Originally trained to be and act like a samurai of Japanese lore. Was once able to merge with Byte to form the engine of destruction, Godmachine Binary.
Both Bit and Byte possessed magnakinesis, but in opposite degrees. Byte's power was External, affecting the world around him but never himself. Hence, why he could never fly, but can manipulate metal objects around him at Magneto magnitudes of power. Bit's power is Internal, affecting himself and his personal equipment, including Aegis. He can fly and hyperaccelerate using his magnakinesis.
Possesses a tower shield named Aegis capable of independant magnakinetic movement, interposing attacks directed at Bit.
Travels with a white cyberwolf named Kibo, meaning 'Hope'. The last creation of his father, Dr Doppler.
Has a slight obsession with collecting rare, antique swords. He has been known to hunt down any weapon claiming to have magical or extraordinary powers, and has been known to go to great lengths to acquire them. One of his prized possessions is a genuine blade forged by Murasame Sengo.
Was once known as a bishounen honor-bound samurai, but has since grown into a grizzled, unkempt ronin. Years of war and pain have made him darker, more cynical, and he cares nothing for honor, though old habits can be hard to break.
Nearly every single Doppler bot is currently dead. There are rumors that Double exists somewhere with no memory of who he once was, and that Doppler's death had something to do with it, but there are no facts to support it. One Doppler bot is said to be alive and working within Nephilim, but Bit never mentions him by name but his connections to the organization would suggest this fact to be true.
After his brother's death, the duality drive inside of him sough to reclaim the balance between positive and negative charges and began generating negative energy. The power is an anethema to Bit's normal energy and can be highly self-destructive. Over time he has learned to harness the energy, gaining the majority of Byte's magnakinetic powers, adding them to his own. He combines Byte's external magnakinesis with his own internal magnakinesis, granting him extraordinary levels of power when manipulating his collection of swords, but not as effective when manipulating foreign objects.
The arsenal of Godmachine Binary is sealed in a subspace prison, unable to be accessed without positive and negative aspects of the two duality drives reaching maximum power. Having regained Byte's powers, Bit has learned to force his negative Yin energy to match his positive Yang energy. Upon reaching 50/50 perfect balance, the prison becomes accessible and he can attempt to draw forth the Celestial Blade or the Zodiac Wheel, wielding his old weapons of ultimate destruction at great risk to himself.
The resulting paradox of him bending the rules of the universe generally results in the complete destruction of his right arm.
- 2214-02-13: The Siege of Repliforce Island - Rock leads the Hunters into a tragic battle with the disavowed Repliforce. The body count rises...
- 2223-02-08: The Lonely Southern Cross - Ciel goes flying off the deep end with a little push from Crux.
- 2225-04-03: Rock Your World - Rock gets a robot master factory blown up by just standing inside of it.
- 2225-05-17: Run On For A Long Time - Giarax vs. The World
- 2226-06-09: A Madman's CAGE - A manifesto. A warning. The death of Masquerade Peahen.
- 2226-07-04: Medals For Everyone - The defenders of the White House earn a reward.
- 2228-02-22: ULTRONQUEST: Menace of the Machine Man - Slur and the Robot Masters attack Innerpeace's Paradise Fountain with an army of strange robots. But what are they after?
- 2228-03-01: ULTRONQUEST: To Collar a Titan - Slur and the Robot Masters sneak into Asgard during a pitched battle in order to forge an Uru body for Ultron. Someone says nay.
- 2228-03-08: ULTRONQUEST: A Wish Come True - Slur and the Robot Masters attack the Avengers with the aid of their newly unstoppable ally, Ultron.
- 2230-04-01: Last Flight Of The Legendary - A stellar anomaly on Ganymede reveals a ship thought long lost - and it's not alone.
- 2230-04-12: Hot LZ - Kevin Walker returns to Ares with his new allies from Earth. It's not quite that simple.
- 2230-04-20: Danger - Kevin Walker leads the Ares team boldly into a trap. Ready?
- 2230-05-12: Beware As The DARK Returns - The final assault on DARK begins.
- 2230-06-10: Science-Emperor Bilstein - The Fourth Empire's Klondike project approaches its culmination. The Science-Emperor's faith in Gore has faltered enough so that Bilstein is coming to finish the job himself. And he brought friends.
- 2230-07-09: The Army Unites - After the formation of the United Army on paper, the various involved groups stage a social get-together to help patch old disputes.
- 2230-11-14: Small Stick - On an expedition to SPACE LANKA to hack a server building and rescue it's IT staff, Blueside is run through MURDERWORLD by the maniacal Arcade!
- 2231-01-26: The Fall Of Space Lanka - The Unified Army assaults The Third Moon to rescue Sri Lanka. Dr. Stevenson introduces them to his brand new Pseudoroid pack.
- 2231-02-19: Venus Needs Nitrogen - Dr. Wily enlists GENOCIDE to raid the largest cryogenic nitrogen plant on Earth in Campenche, Mexico. Along the way he gets into a fight with a group of belligerent space pirates for crossing into their turf. Things escalate as they tend to do.
- 2231-03-28: This Plot Is Bass' Fault - When the maverick Dinosaur Tank appears out of nowhere in Detroit, there is a massive rush to stop it before it can level the city.