The ride armor, the single most visible combat vehicle of the Robot Wars, was developed in 2204 by Dr. Pavel Cossack. The concept of what amounts to a standing tank was not new, but Dr. Cossack's design solved balance and stabilization issues that had made previous walker designs woefully inefficient. The initial design, the Goliath, was sponsored by the UN and was given to Cossack's own reploid creation, Vava. The success of this initial model soon led to the development of specialized variants: the Hawk, Kangaroo, and Frog.
The ride armor has proliferated to every faction involved in the ongoing conflict since then, and dozens of different models have been produced. Many armors are constantly upgraded and kept in line with current technology, and it's not uncommon to see a Hawk in the same action as a ride armor fresh off the assembly line. The sole exception to this are the Robot Masters. Dr. Wily has consistently favored giant mechaniloids over ride armors.
From an OOC perspective, Ride Armors are any coded combat vehicle that can be accessed with +ride. Thus this list will contain many vehicles that are not proper ride armors. Functionally they work the same way.
- NetNavi - A generic NetNavi, meant for use by people without virtual armors of their own.
- Baihu - Quadrupedal ride armor with closed cockpit, claws, and electrical weapons, modeled after the White Tiger. Designed by Ouroboros.
- Cyclops - Bulky traditional ride armor with sonic and gravity weapons. Designed by Durandal.
- Demolisher - Demolition ride armor with shielded cockpit and roll cage. Wields a winch and a wrecking ball. Designed by Repliforce Corps of Engineers.
- Eagle - Aerial ride armor created as a replacement for the Hawk. Fields a large arm cannon. Second-generation Repliforce design.
- Feldynaught - Quadrupedal
pirateprivateer ride armor with wheeled feet and multiple cannons. Designed by Tron Bonne.
- Fokkerwolf - Aerial
pirateprivateer ride armor with missiles, grenades, point defense lasers and a flame aura. Designed by Tron Bonne.
- Frog - Traditional ride armor, an aquatic model with torpedoes. Designed by Dr. Cossack.
- Gaia Gigas - Traditional ride armor with roll bars and gravitic weapons.
- Guardian - Boxy well-armored ride armor with closed cockpit with a halberd, flaming gladius, and missiles. Designed in Switzerland as a counterpart to the Sentinel.
- Hakutaku - Closed cockpit quadrupedal ride armor with claws and horns.
- Haonglong - Large serpentine ride armor with closed cockpit, flight capacity, and force weapons, modeled after the Yellow Dragon. Designed by Ouroboros.
- Hawk - Open cockpit traditional ride armor with flight and missile capabilities. Designed by Dr. Cossack.
- Huntsman - Closed cockpit humanoid ride armor with a bow. Fourth-generation Repliforce design.
- Kingfisher LAM - Closed cockpit land/air mech, ride armor configuration, amphibious, fields compressed water cannons. Third-generation Repliforce design.
- Kingfisher Starfighter - Closed cockpit land/air mech, starfighter configuration, fields gravity weapons. Third-generation Repliforce design.
- Kangaroo - Traditional open-cockpit ride armor with spiked fists. Designed by Dr. Cossack.
- Klein Erderitter Masse - Closed cockpit humanoid ride armor with modular weapons. Designed by TASC.
- Polyphemus - Bulky traditional ride armor with sonic and gravity weapons. Second-generation Cyclops remodel designed by Durandal.
- Qinglong - Serpentine ride armor with closed cockpit, flight capacity, and sonic weapons, modeled after the Azure Dragon. Designed by Ouroboros.
- Raiden - Enormous open cockpit ride armor with jet packs and electrical weapons.
- Redline Delta - Sleek humanoid closed cockpit ride armor with antigrav skates and a beam spear. Designed by Cao Lin.
- Salamander - Closed cockpit quadrupedal ride armor with flame weapons and burrowing capabilities.
- Sentinel - Boxy well-armored ride armor with closed cockpit with a halberd, cannon, and rust sprayer. Designed in Switzerland as a counterpart to the Guardian.
- Shadowraven - Bird-shaped flying stealth ride armor with missiles and VAPOR cannons. Third-generation Repliforce design.
- Tempete De Neige - Squat brickish open-cockpit ride armor with ice weapons. Designed by Creamland.
- Xuanwu - Wide, short ride armor with water cannons and heavy armor, modeled after the Black Tortoise. Designed by Ouroboros.
- Black Jian Ride Chaser - Supersonic ride chaser covered in sharp edges. Frail but dangerous. Designed by Ouroboros.
- Hornet Ride Chaser - Speed-focused ride chaser with sonic weapons. Similar to the Adion.
- Immaculate Jade Ride Chaser - Heavy ride chaser with melee and cryogenic weapons. Designed by Ouroboros.
- Lancer Ride Chaser - High speed ride chaser with a lance. Upgraded from the Adion by the Maverick Hunters.
- D-Rex - Hardy tank shaped like a dinosaur head with electrical weaponry. Designed by Repliforce - stolen by Mavericks but later recovered.
- Inferno - Redesigned World War 3 SOPHIA Russian tank with incendiary weapons. Originally fielded by Michael Eildath of the Maverick Hunters.
- Iron Serpent - A war train. Impressively armed and armored but requires rail network. Designed by Ouroboros.
- Leopold - Small
pirateprivateer tank with slow speed and high firepower. Cramped if pilot smaller than a Servbot. Designed by Tron Bonne.
- Stalwart Hovertank - Agile and highly mobile hovertank.
- Cow - Ungainly but sturdy VTOL for hostile LZ deployment. Designed by Repliforce.
- Drache - Small
pirateprivateer transport with light weaponry. Cargo hangs below, incredibly cramped for anyone larger than a Servbot. Designed by Tron Bonne.
- Falconis - Speedy dropship with more maneuverability than armor. Designed by Repliforce.
- Jabberwock Attack VTOL - Combat VTOL with heavy weaponry, fast but light. Designed by TASC.
- Shizong Flying Submarine - A flying submarine. I don't know what else you were expecting. Designed by Ouroboros.
- The Couch - A floral decor Chesterfield with far too many weapons. Designed by Dr. Cossack.
- Zhuque - VTOL superiority fighter with incendiary weapons, modeled after the Vermillion Bird. Designed by Ouroboros.
- Armored Dragon Mk.III - Giant mechaniloid designed after a Chinese dragon with electrical weapons. Designed by Ouroboros.
- Tiny Tank Brigade - Small remote control mechaniloid tank brigade, with cannons and ground effect weapons.
- Stegosaurus armatus - A herbivorous dinosaur with armor plates and spiked thagomizer with a control harness and sidecar. Created by Ciel.
- Thunder the Triceratops - Genetically altered herbivorous dinosaur with three sharp horns and a howdah. Owned by Cinnamon.
- Tyrannosaurus rex - Prehistoric apex predator with control harness and saddle. Created by Ciel.
- Einhammer - Giant traditional ride armor with multiple weapons and a giant spiked ball. Designed by Ouroboros.
- Golem - Giant rock-themed ride armor with perfunctory ranged capability, meant for melee combat.
- Guard Orotic - Closed cockpit ride armor with no limbs and eight dragon heads. Designed by Ouroboros.
- Sniper Armor - A no-frills ride armor made primarily for Sniper Joes. Disdainfully designed by Dr. Wily.
Ride Chasers & Bikes
- Brütal Chopper - The most metal motorcycle to ever exist. Designed by Daryn.
- Harley From Hell - Damned Harley-Davidson lowrider, forged in the fires of Hell. No, really.
- Swoop Bike - A hoverjet engine with a seat and a steering vane. Designed by Crash Man after two kegs and a Star Wars marathon.
- Thresher Ride Chaser - Turbofan-drive ride chaser, durable but very loud. Based on the Hornet.
- Bulldog APC - Armored personnel carrier, essentially a safe on wheels. Designed by Umbrella.
- Crushpactor - Giant tank/industrial compactor. Looks like it would fit well in a Mad Max movie.
- Neue Panzer IC - Modern update of a World War 2 design with adaptive camo. Fast and effective. Designed by Imperials.
- Pickledozer - A small yellow bulldozer designed for used by Picket Man droids. AKA Pickelman Bull. Designed by Dr. Wily.
- Scorpion Walker Tank - A closed-cockpit scorpion-shaped tank with plasma weapons and claws. Designed by Cao Lin but appropriated by Dr. Stevenson.
- Pirate Clipper - Small pirate vessels of variable design with cannons and other weapons.
- Rayfly - Mid-sized transport for troop transport and deployable artillery. Designed by Ouroboros.
- Stealth Transport - An invisible jet with less Wonder Woman and more misogyny.
- Air Gremlin - Giant mechaniloid aerial armored unit. Deploys Petit Goblin drones and can serve as a platform for air combat. Designed by Dr. Wily.
- Changkey Dragon - Giant mechaniloid dragon made out of giant Changkey fireball drones. Designed by Dr. Wily.
- Dachone - Giant mechaniloid scout walker with a powerful laser. Designed by Dr. Wily.
- Diadrake - Giant mechaniloid dragon with sonic weapons. Designed by Ouroboros.
- Dust Clasher - Giant mechaniloid worm made of junk, can eat anything. Designed by Junk Man.
- Gamarn - Giant frog mechaniloid/ride armor combo built for Gamadyu drones but beloved by Shadow Man. Designed by Dr. Wily.
- Gameriser - Giant mechaniloid turtle. Friend to all children, has a flamethrower and smaller turtles inside. Designed by Dr. Wily.
- Giant Met - It's a giant met. It spawns smaller mets and is virtually indestructible with its helmet down. Designed by Dr. Wily.
- Green Devil - Giant mechaniloid of translucent green slime and/or lime jello. Designed by Dr. Wily.
- Guts-Dozer - Giant Guts Man torso on treads. Meant to be an upgrade for Guts Man before he defected. Again. Designed by Dr. Wily.
- Killer Mantis - Giant mechaniloid preying mantis with limited flight and claw weapons. Designed by the Mavericks.
- Mad Grinder - Giant mechaniloid steamroller with a Punk-themed torso. Designed by Dr. Wily for combat situations too delicate for Punk.
- Mecha Pon - Giant mechaniloid gorilla. 'Nuff said. Designed for Admiral Wilhelm by Dr. Schlange.
- Missile Hippo - Giant mechaniloid hippo, shoots missiles, nearly stationary. AKA Kabatoncue. Designed by Dr. Wily.
- Reaverbot Army - An army of reaverbots in classic Martian designs. Designed by Martians, redesigned by Ouroboros.
- Rollyphant - Giant mechaniloid elephant with large balls (stop snickering) and air effect weapons. AKA Paozo. Designed by Dr. Wily.
- Torpedo Whale - Giant mechaniloid whale with torpedoes and depth charges. Designed by Dr. Wily.
- Van Pooken - Giant mechaniloid pumpkin with more pumpkins inside. Don't ask. Designed by Dr. Wily.
- WilyDragon - Giant mechaniloid dragon. Does what you expect it to. Designed by Dr. Wily.
- Yellow Devil - Giant mechaniloid of yellow morphic material and/or pudding. Designed by Dr. Wily.
Goons, Dinosaurs, and Monsters
- Carnotaurus sastrei - Mid-sized predatory dinosaur with ambiguous genetic 'augmentations' and pheromone-based control unit. Poached from the early Cretaceous by Dr. Edward Kirk.
- Cyber-Chupacabras - Cybernetically augmented cryptids able to suck goats even more efficiently. Stupidly hostile. Augmented by Dr. Edward Kirk.
- Gang of Ninjas - A standard substandard group of failed Strider trainees and wannabes.
- GENOCIDE Goons - A standard-issue set of GENOCIDE goons with second-hair HYDRA costumes, gang wear, and wrestling gear, led by a creepy guy in a Xenomorph costume.
- Shtrom and Druk - A pair of genetically modified soldiers more monster than man with optic camo and repeating harpoon guns. Created by GENOCIDE.
- Zombie Horde - A horde of rock and roll zombies. Likely summoned by Lord Raptor.
- Daylight - A traditional ride armor with an offset cockpit and a large central weapons system, the Hadron Cannon. Designed by Magrevich Industries.
- Dominion Mortar Walker - A quadrupedal ride armor meant for sieges, with an open cockpit and a heavy mortar cannon.
- Goldeneye - A closed cockpit ride armor fitted with long-range cannons.
- Goldfinger - A traditional ride armor with its hands swapped out for a pile bunker and flechette launcher.
- Kodiak - Traditional ride armor designed original for field support but redesigned with multiple weapons. One of the first ride armors to allow a closed cockpit. Designed by Rick Morgan.
- Moonraker - Six-legged closed cockpit ride armor, fielding missiles, gravity weapons, and a phased particle cannon.
- Quantum - A quadrupedal ride armor with a closed cockpit. A generalist armor with a particle beam cannon and other weapons, along with an energy shield.
- Samson - A skull-headed atlas of a closed cockpit ride armor with short- and long-ranged missiles, lasers, and a heavy autocannon capable of incredible damage.
- Solace - A quadrupedal ride armor with hydraulic rams in its feet. Fields a flamethrower and sonic weapons.
- The Octohedron - A fully-enclosed octohedral weapons platform, only dubiously considered a ride armor. Uses reaver technology.
- The Spy - A closed cockpit humanoid ride armor. A stealth unit with a built-in holoprojector. Greymalkin didn't design this and nobody is certain who did.
- Thunderball - A humanoid closed cockpit ride armor with clawed hands, water, ice, and electric weapons. Ungainly but powerful.
- Widowmaker - A closed cockpit ride armor shaped like a tentacled Lovecraftian horror. Designed by Dr. Cossack
- Adion Ride Chaser - High-speed ride chaser, lightly armed and frail. Similar to the Hornet. Designed by Douglas.
- Primus Ride Chaser - A luxury ride chaser with autonomous seeker drones. Fielded by Grave and Nebula.
- Ares Urban Enforcer - Riot control vehicle based on ride chaser technology, meant for urban pacification.
- Aston Martin DBX - A luxury car, purchased and meticulously modified with all sorts of gadgetry by Greymalkin.
- Marketplace APC - An armored personnel carrier designed for utility and little else. Cramped, uncomfortable, but effective.
- Redrock Drill Tank - A multi-treaded drill tank built for work on Mars. Primarily for civil engineering but can be potent offensively.
- Shadowblade Stealth Tank - A stealth tank with light-bending sensor baffles and a focused sonic cannon and ECM grenades. Originally fielded by the UN.
- The Partyvan - A van of dubious distinction stolen from the Robot Masters. Possibly filled with ninjas.
- Dart Mk. 1 - A cone-shaped starfighter armed with lasers and missiles.
- Hildebrand - A stealth fighter with supersonic capability, fielding missiles or bombs and an ion cannon. Designed by Nebula.
- Huwawa Attack VTOL - An armored VTOL meant for hostile insertion. Armed with missiles and a chaingun.
- xBCS Attack Chopper - An attack helicopter fielded by xMateria Biohazard Countermeasure Services. Mounts missiles and a chaingun. Originally fielded by Umbrella's UBCS division.
BOWs & Pirates
- Cyberwhale Melville - A whale augmented with cybernetics, lasers, and harpoons. Owned by Grave.
- Deathsatan Pirate Squad - A surly squad of space pirates on loan from the Deathsatan pirate family.
- Ivan - A BOW wearing an armored robe with distinctive sunglasses. Fast, powerful, and can pass for human while robed. Originally designed by Umbrella, now xMateria Laboratories.
- Plant 72 - A BOW developed from predatory plants. Designed by Umbrella.
- T-103 Tyrant - A typical BOW assault unit, a heavily mutated posthuman with clawed hands. Designed by Umbrella.
- TALOS - Tyrant-Armored Lethal Organic System, a powerful BOW with advanced cybernetics and a rocket launcher.
- Tricks The Triceratops - Herbivorous dinosaur with three sharp horns and a howdah. Tamed by Daryn Luna on Ibis Island.
- Magno-Hulk - Ball-shaped ride armor cockpit with roll cage. Has no body, creates one from junk using high-power magnets. Very loud.
- Norn Queen - A sturdy traditional ride armor with a heavy ice laser and a large ice club.
- Seraph - An unusual ride armor with a roll cage cockpit and long legs, meant to jump on and kick its foes.
- Underminer - Closed cockpit ride armor with a drill arm and a shield/pile bunker, originally designed for underground assault.
- Hagbard Ride Chaser - A high speed ride chaser with a lance and an EMP beam. Hard to steer.
- Justifier Shock Tank - A modification of the Shadowblade tank, its main weapons replaced with a giant lightning gun.
- MEGAWEAPON - A thirteen gear road ranger who's a sex machine to all the chicks. The most badass dump truck ever made.
- Bee Blader - Former Repliforce troop transport shaped like a bee, can also deploy bipedal Ball de Voux drones. As a simple mechaniloid autopilot. Recovered from the Mavericks.
- Gyrfalcon - High speed air superiority fighter, taken from the Maverick Hunters. Designed by Wildrider.
- Vorpal Custom - Customized VTOL stolen from the Maverick Hunters and repurposed as a flying weapons platform with its signature 'Apollo' missiles.
- Artemis - A humanoid ride armor with an enclosed cockpit, fielding a compressed water sniper rifle and a main gauche. Roll's first Ride Armor design.
- Auto-Bro - It's a giant Auto. One guess who designed it.
- Gunslinger - A venerable ride armor redesigned from the Albatross when it ate a nuclear explosion from Atom Cat. Sleek design with a closed cockpit. Designed and redesigned over and over by the Hunters and Light Labs.
- Knuckledragger - Closed cockpit ride armor with an apelike design, with cannons, a gravity boomerang, and potent melee capabilities.
- Last Resort Warpod - A closed cockpit ride armor designed as a last-ditch defense warmech. Has extremely potent weaponry. Designed by Light Labs.
- Odessa - A closed cockpit ride armor bristling with tentacles and corrosive fluids. Designed by Dr. Cossack.
- The Golden - A traditional ride armor, classically designed with a chaingun and rocket launcher. Designed by Dr. Cossack.
- Barius Ride Chaser - A durable ride chaser with minor weaponry and superior stability. Designed by a Light Labs subsidiary.
- Autotrack - A halftrack transport that's a little rickey and beaten up, but very dependable. Designed by Auto.
- Defiant Defense Tank - A remodel of the original Defiant design, a three-man tank with a 120mm cannon and missiles. Designed by the UN, was once their main battle tank.
- XHL Lifter - The eXtra Heavy Load Lifter is a utility vehicle rather than a ride armor, a humanoid forklift that is, in a pinch, handy in battle.
- The Vorpal - A venerable Maverick Hunter VTOL, meant more for fast transport than combat.
- Arzuros - A bear-like Wyvern, twenty feet tall with heavy armor and claws. Created by Dr. Victor Clamp and stolen by the Hunter's Guild.
- Cricket - A wispy locust of a ride armor, small and relatively weak with two machine guns and a medium laser. Very fast but not much else. Fielded by the Irregulars.
- Defensor Fortis - A short but heavily armored ride armor with a tower shield and a buckler and three laser 'eyes.'
- Gnome - A civilian variant of the original 'Goliath' design, dubbed the 'Gnome.' Often seen in police units and construction sites.
- Michigan J - A traditional ride armor design with aquatic capabilities and a penchant for dancing. Designed after the venerable Repliforce Frog for the Irregulars.
- Pistolero Flight Type - Designed to resemble the Versus Gunslinger by the Irregulars. Okay, no, it is just a Gunslinger ride armor kitted out with huge rocket pods and garishly colored.
- Tangram's Bouncy Castle - A modular ride armor in a Zero-G configuration. Has multiple weapons and 'flier bit drones, closed cockpit. Designed by Tangram.
- Tangram's Sandlot - A modular ride armor in a subterranean configuration. Blocky and tough with drills and a closed cockpit. Designed by Tangram.
- Tangram's Toybox - A modular ride armor in a multi-environment combat configuration. Has a closed cockpit, with a launchable pincher claw and missiles. Designed by Tangram.
- Cheval Ride Chaser - A standard model civilian ride chaser with no frills and lots of options. Police models often have a small laser cannon.
- Enforcer Ride Chaser - A basic police model ride chaser, sturdy but not as fast as the Cheval. Civilian models are typically unarmed but can be easily modified.
- Mercy Mission Ride Chaser - A standard Adion ride chaser bought in bulk by the Irregulars for charitable work and emergencies. Has a sidecar for transporting others.
- Blaster Master - Lightly redesigned surplus Russian SOPHIA tank. Can climb walls and jump. Designed by the Irregulars after the Inferno.
- Killdozer - Some say it's the lost brother of MEGAWEAPON. Others say it's most deadly weapon in the Irregular arsenal. All we know is it's called Killdozer.
- Gingerbread Cookie Army - A bunch of tiny mechaniloid drones baked into cookies. Delicious and dangerous. Blame the Irregulars.
- Lemon Meringue Devil - Giant mechaniloid of lemony morphic material and/or meringue. Designed by the Irregulars.