"For starters, I'm going to do something about those robots!"
Rock Light is a living legend. Commander of the 17th Elite Unit, Rock began his life as the second son of Dr. Light. He had only been intended to act as his father's lab assistant, but the world needed a hero. Rock rose to the challenge, and has continued to do so for most of his life. After spending most of his career as the leader of the Maverick Hunters, Rock chose to enlist in Repliforce after his father's death. Today, Rock leads the 17th Elite Unit against the enemies of the free world. Optimistic and confident, Rock is a humble mech who believes in doing what's right, even when that might not be expedient or convenient. Rock is also a tireless advocate for the poor and disenfranchised in society, driven to help make an equal and fair world for everyone.
Bravery, Selflessness, Leadership, Kicking Ass While Wearing Underoos, Strategy, Tactics, Having A Map To The Right Place At The Right Time, Kicking More Ass When Not Wearing Underoos, Time To Get Serious!
Unfortunately, this safe world in which his father wanted to give him fell under attack. Dr. Albert Wily did not think that the world was fundamentally good. Dr. Wily did not believe the world should be allowed to direct its own course, because he believed that at its core it was a chaos that needed to be tamed and directed, namely, by him. Dr. Wily betrayed the trust of Rock’s entire family, even going as far as to steal six of Rock’s brothers. Dr. Wily would have taken Rock, too, if it weren’t for the fact that he simply just did not have enough time – and who would really want a lab assistant, anyway?
This was, perhaps, the gravest mistake that Albert Wily had ever made.
Without any thought for his own safety or comfort, Rock immediately took the burning desire within his heart to protect the world and brought it to Dr. Light. His father tried to dissuade him, tried to tell him that it was not worth for him getting involved, the world could take care of itself. That the world did not deserve his sacrifice. That Rock had no reason to get involved, and that the world’s own armies would be sufficient.
But, Rock Light had something that much of the world’s superpowers did not: Heart. Thus, Rock Light became known to the world as “Mega Man, the warrior who fights for everlasting peace.”
After nearly thirty years of fighting, victory, defeat, loss, and redemption, Rock has taken on a variety of roles, names, and positions. Friend, brother, leader, survivor, fighter, advocate, and legend are numbered among the many names he has been known by. While always keeping the mantle of “Mega Man,” even that has developed with various iterations. He’s even had rivals and those who would seek to destroy him. Yet, through it all, even in the midst of doubt, despair, loss, and even death, Rock “Mega Man” Light has never wavered in his drive to protect the innocent and to protect the world so that, even if it is one in billions, that unconditional love might be experienced by that single one.
If it were even possible to sum up Rock’s personality in one word, one might get closest by using the word, “authentic.” Rock Light is anything but disingenuous. He has no duplicity or guile, which can sometimes get him caught in some situations he would rather not be in, but he does not regret a single moment of being honest, true, and authentic. Rock genuinely cares about people, even if he is incapable of caring about all people in every circumstance at every moment in time. He does not believe himself to be a deity or even capable of living up to the legend that people surround him with. However, what he does know is that it is possible to live in a world which cherishes love, peace, security, and the common good of every simple man, woman, child, android, Reploid, or any other sentient being that possesses that odd trait of “existence.”
Rock has never backed down from a fight, if it means defending innocents. He does not rise to every challenge to his honor, as he does not believe that the world revolves around him. However, if anyone tries to threaten another person, he is usually the first one to step into harms way for another. While for a time, he took a stance of non-combat, he realized that it was only the privilege of his position and power that he could do that. Not everyone has the means or power to not fight, and so, Rock determined that he could not allow his privilege prevent him from defending those who are less fortunate and weaker.
Rock loves animals. In fact, he has given much of his “income” (gifts, bequests, rewards, investments, and inheritance) to the preservation and protection of a lot of animal shelters and protected habitats. He has several foundations in his name for the protection of the environment and the planet, because he feels that they’ve only been “given” one home, and he feels he needs to do his part to help protect the natural habitats of this home and preserve it for the millions, if not trillions of species that call this green blue marble home. This genuine care for the “other,” is one of Rock’s most defining personality traits.
One thing that is sure to immediately earn Rock’s ire, is the wanton destruction or oppression of anything. This is why, fundamentally, Dr. Wily and Mega Man will never, ever see eye to eye. Just because one has the power to impose their will upon another does not create an obligation to do so, in Rock’s opinion. Living with others does not mean subjugation, but rather cooperation.
Currently, Rock is employed by the Unified Army. He immediately supported and enlisted in Cinnamon’s efforts to bring a protectorate force to defend the world from oppressors like Dr. Stevenson or Dr. Wily. Especially with the advent of transdimensional threats, Mega Man does not want to stand idle while others are attempting to protect a world in much the same way he believes it should be protected. He generally supports all worldwide efforts to defend those who cannot defend themselves, and Rock will work with anyone who has similar goals in mind. He also tries to contribute as much as he can in leadership, since he has had some experience from leading the Maverick Hunters, even if they had more … creative methods than an army.
Dr. Light - Perhaps the most influential person in Rock's life. His death and subsequent Soul Erasure is the largest blow to Rock that the Robot Wars has given to the Blue Bomber. Thomas Xavier Light imparted to Rock his passion for justice and peace for all, the endless drive to pursue the good.
Roll – Rock’s only remaining “full” sibling. While Rock considers himself to be brother to many different sorts of robots and sentient beings, Roll has a special place in Rock’s heart. She and he have been through so much together, and thirty years of near constant conflict has affected them in different ways. Rock has given his sister space to be the woman she wants to be. While Rock is a little unsure of the current venture with “Versus” especially with the recent statements made by Roll’s friend, Morrigan, he trusts his sister, and tries to keep in frequent contact with her. Nowadays, he does not have to be protective over her, and he is so very happy to call Roll his sister.Dr. Wily
Dark Man – Pain. Loss. Dark Man is Rock’s reminder that the world can be a very dark and depressing place. Dark Man was once Mega Man’s brother, Protoman, who himself was a mixed bag for the Blue Bomber. Now, Dark Man is just the reminder that sometimes things don’t “work out for the better.” That the world is not a friendly place and will actively work, sometimes, against all things that are good. Rock blames himself for Dark Man because Rock was the one who first stopped Protoman and opened him up to be killed in the end. Rock has not stopped blaming himself, and when Dark Man was created by Wily, Mega Man almost lost his belief that the world could be a good place. However, after working through many counseling hours and coming to terms, Rock has not given up on his brother, whatever may be left of him. Mega Man knows he will have to be there to stop Dark Man, but some part of him hopes that he could save him, in the end.
- 2220-03-27: Might And Magic - A magical world.
- 2221-03-21: Baldr Returns - She just can't leave well enough alone.
- 2231-02-12: The Dolphins - Rock goes out to the boardwalk on Repliforce Bay's anniversary.
- 2231-03-21: Countless Memories - A man explores his scars that come from loss, and finds new drive in them.
- 2212-06-18: Opening Night - The very first RP ever on M3.
- 2213-06-08: Saturn and the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame - Mike dies.
- 2214-02-13: The Siege of Repliforce Island - Rock leads the Hunters into a tragic battle with the disavowed Repliforce. The body count rises...
- 2217-03-08: The Destruction of Light Labs - Mike dies again.
- 2219-10-18: The Death Of Harold Magrevich - One of them, anyways.
- 2219-11-19: When The Strength Of Men Failed - Instead of repairing San Angeles, a dimensional device accidentally summons another one.
- 2219-12-30: The Hand We Are Dealt - A small team heads out to investigate Brandon Archer’s disappearance.
- 2220-01-24: Down Another Path - Cinnamon and Nana go for a walk. Rock visits.
- 2220-03-31: Zombieland, Pt 2 - The worst alternate universe.
- 2220-03-31: Zombieland, Pt 1 - The worst alternate universe.
- 2220-10-04: Unbearable Outrage - Nana decides to quit the Hunters and become an air pirate.
- 2220-10-05: The Hit - Teresa Magrevich is kidnapped. Lots of people object.
- 2220-10-14: Point of No Return - Blues faces his second and last Hunter Tribunal.
- 2221-04-30: The Houseman Fanfic Method - People chat with the newly-spectral Dr. Light on Hunter radio... then it veers to very wrong places indeed.
- 2222-07-09: Polaris - Michael Eildath tracks down the mysterious Polaris bomber.
- 2223-09-07: Lost Carcosa - Patriarch forces Mike to relive an old trauma.
- 2223-09-25: Children of Mars - Ra Moon Strikes - After one day of battle, Ra Moon manifests to strike the killing blow on a weary world.
- 2223-09-25: Children of Mars - The Fall of Ra Moon - With Caledfwlch in hand, Geo Stelar is the world's last chance against Ra Moon - but will he be enough?
- 2224-07-08: Tzaraath Interlude - Some speculation and conjecture before things inevitably take a turn for the worse.
- 2224-07-21: Rot Topic - Robot Masters take over an entire mall to steal one single small item. Also Jewel Man is the tastiest.
- 2224-09-19: Killing The Hunters Part 2 - Mike, Rock, and Alloy take the faction out behind the shed and do what must be done.
- 2224-10-22: Some Kind Of Dino Crisis Part 2 - After a fearsome battle with a T. rex, the group on Ibis Island closes in on the lab of the insane Dr. Edward Kirk.
- 2225-03-07: Repliforce Ball - Depth Dragoon helps host a fancy dance party on Sky Lagoon, and some TASC members attend.
- 2225-04-03: Rock Your World - Rock gets a robot master factory blown up by just standing inside of it.
- 2225-05-17: Run On For A Long Time - Giarax vs. The World
- 2225-05-19: Paradise Fountain - While General makes his final stand, others attempt to prevent the end of Innerpeace.
- 2225-09-14: Ghost In The Machine, Part 1 - Nana investigates who defaced the Battle & Chase opening ceremonies, but finds more than she bargained for.
- 2225-09-23: Free Market Ethics - Nana consults with Rock on the results of her Disney investigation.
- 2225-10-05: The Hidden Word - Nana harasses the Illuminati back, checks in with her friend, and has a surprise meeting with Rock.
- 2225-10-20: The Glyph Revealed - The secret of the mystery glyph is unraveled.
- 2226-01-04: Wholly Ordinary Maverick Attack - "Mavericks" attack Avalon.
- 2226-01-19: Trumpeting to Arms - Everybody hates Nobody.
- 2226-08-07: Calinca Outpost - The gang investigates Calinca Outpost.
- 2226-10-31: Battle of Makai, Part 1 - The forces of Earth fight to save Makai and themselves from Pyron.
- 2227-09-13: The Wedding of Marshall Rider and Helene Sundstrand - At last, a grand union is formalized.
- 2227-09-20: Davania: The World Is Wrong - Everyone fights off Clock Man's attempt to destroy Seiryuu. Things get weird.
- 2229-09-06: On the Dog Patrol - Alia finds Rock responding to a low-level police distress call in New York.
- 2230-07-09: The Army Unites - After the formation of the United Army on paper, the various involved groups stage a social get-together to help patch old disputes.
- 2230-09-23: You All Meet In A Bar - On the opposite side of the mountains, Unity recruits an adventuring party in Corunglain.
- 2231-02-18: Asteroids - Rock starts a campaign of harassing mining operations in RM space. Expect roughousing and shenanigans.
- 2231-02-27: Funeralopolis - To open their campaign against the Unified Army and allies, The Hand of Makai decides to go hard and attempt to detonate several bombs at UN HQ in Paris. You know, keeping things light.
- 2231-03-13: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot - Dr. Wily, settling into his role as the grandfather to a variety of weird Stevenson robots, takes the Pseudoroids out with some Robot Masters to teach them how to do a proper seasonally themed raid.
- 2231-03-17: Broken Lands Assault - Unity, QUILL, and their adventuring friends take the treacherous mountains to find the Sable Tower of Deimos!
- 2231-03-21: Touchdown on Venus - Unity attempt to establish a Front on Venus, Robot Masters and Genocide respond.
- 2231-03-28: This Plot Is Bass' Fault - When the maverick Dinosaur Tank appears out of nowhere in Detroit, there is a massive rush to stop it before it can level the city.
- 2231-04-18: Find the Needle - After discovering the RMs are conducting dimensional raids, Unity decides to crash the Space Skull to... raid the vehicle bay?
- 2231-05-01: Isolated System - Third time's a charm. A battle in the alternate future over data from the past. Omni Bass' agenda becomes clearer.