|Real Name||Serwa Mwokozi|
|Code Name||Sera, Mother Unit|
|Birth Date||January 7, 2198|
|Creation Date||March 22, 2226|
|Function||Blasphemous Cybernetic Reaverbot|
|Primary Specialty||Underworld Operations|
|Secondary Specialty||Stealth Assassination|
|Primary||Dark Diamond Vortex|
|Buster Colors||Teal & Cream|
|Game||Megaman Legends 2|
|Voice Actor||Danya Gensiorek|
|Theme Song||[[theme::Final Battle With Sera - Megaman Legends 2 OST]]|
"I will not tolerate interference."
In her previous life, Sera was a criminal mastermind, the leader of the Triads. All that changed when she happened across a Martian artifact, a remnant of an ancient supercomputer than insinuated itself throughout her body. After a disastrous attempt to merge with an ancient Martian network, Sera was saved by Yomiel and has since pledged her service to Ouroboros. Detached and amoral, Sera is still learning to understand being a human again, rarely showing emotion. The crystalline cybernetics woven through Sera's body give her strength far beyond that of a normal human and allow her to reroute vital body functions around damaged areas to survive incredible injury. In times of need, she can sync with a Martian battle armor called the Mother Unit for even more firepower.
Creepy Detached Girl, Martian Cyborg Zombie, Surviving Catastrophic Wounds, Multilingual: Arabic/Japanese/Chinese/Swahili/Martian, Yomiel Fangirl, Reaver Eyes, Calling Humans Apes When She's Mad, Grand Master Of The Thousand Yard Stare, What Are These Emotions?, Does Not Compute, DOES NOT COMPUTE
The Life and Death of Serwa Mwozoki
Serwa Mwozoki was one of two girls born in rural Africa, somewhere near the Kijuju region. Her original life was quiet normal - she and her sister, Yuna were inseparable. All that changed when she was seventeen, when the Robot Masters conquered most of Africa. Serwa was one of the many who found service during that time, being pushed by Gemini Man into criminal activity, but a resentment for the Robot Masters festered inside of her.
Serwa and her bodyguards Gatts and Geetz quickly rose through the ranks of the underworld, attracting the attention of Mikage Yukiato and the Yakuza, long-time Robot Master allies. It was during this time that Sera got access to an old Black SHIELD bunker, where she discovered the power armor she now calls the Mother Unit, as well as the Reavers that Gatts and Geetz pilot. Eventually, her criminal lifestyle alienated her from her sister. Knowing Yuna wouldn't follow her, Serwa changed her name and vanished into the underworld, convincing her sister and Gatts that she was dead.
Serwa, now Sera, led a bloody coup that topped the Yukiato rule of the Yakuza. The world crime syndicate fractured as Sera consolidated her power, finding the most support with the Triads as she distanced herself from the Robot Masters. Eventually, she found a core of support with the growing might of Ouroboros, but was eventually displaced by Rich Dotcom, a minor player who managed to gain power with the help of an EM-wave creature. Sera was dispatched to Mars rather than allow her to wage a bitter internal conflict with Dotcom. While there, she found a new fascination with Martian artifacts, looking for some hint of that old culture that could perhaps give her even more power. When an ancient Reaver core was recovered from a long-destroyed facility, Sera felt a fascination with its power. Claiming it for her own, her latent Martian DNA reacted with the system, bringing it to life as it violently corrupted and rewrote her from the inside out.
DARK was an intercolonial communication and management system for the ancient Martian culture. This distributed network was designed with the best of intentions, and the Martian people tried to mitigate their unwillingness to use pure AI by creating synthetic brains patterned after themselves. The DARK system was controlled by a Mother Unit on Mars.
While DARK was technically a heresy, it was tolerated for a time - the lessons learned from their struggle with Ra Moon had begun to fade. Then the system on their Ares colony went bad - the AI exterminated the colony and its aberrant thoughts began to propagate throughout the network. The Martian people destroyed the core facility in order to stop the Mother Unit from infecting the rest of the system, and one of the programmers ripped the reaver core from its moorings in order to stop it. The Mother Unit, sensing its own death, infected the programmer with crystal circuitry, turning him into a slave and making him carry it to the lowest level of the facility. It survived the demolition and went dark for thousands of years. Above, the Martian civilization was wiped out by the Stardroids], and knowledge of the DARK system was lost.
The Mother Unit core was dug up by Ouroboros researchers on Mars, and it came into the hands of Sera. The Mother Unit sensed the Martian DNA in Sera's body and went into action, insinuating itself throughout her body. Mobile and awake now, it bided its time for a while, pretending to be Sera until it could secure her return to Earth. Earth, it knew, was the host of one of its DARK nodes - if it could locate and access it, it could reestablish contact with the network.
The Mother Unit's deception could not last long on Earth. It pledged loyalty to Ouroboros, allowing itself to be examined and contained when not on a mission, promising the reward of Martian technology - a reward it fully intended to keep. While the DARK system wanted to purge the Martian people, the Mother Unit's primary desire was to reconnect with the network and restore itself to its former power.
The Mother Unit experimented on Ouroboros soldiers, trying and failing to infect normal humans in order to create a backup. When this failed it attacked Yuna, knowing that Sera's sister would have the same amenable DNA pattern. The attack was successful, however the imprinting failed due to the efforts of Cinnamon, Circumference of Sodium, and Ciel.
When the Mother Unit became aware of Werner Von Bluecher's search for Lemuria, she knew that following the humans would eventually make her capable of discovering her own goal. After the discovery of the Manda Temple in the Himalayas, she killed the people and infected the Reaverbot guardian after an encounter with Bly, another modern-day Martian and a Purifier. The Mother Unit's violence damaged her ability to work with Ouroboros, and she hid in one of Sera's old safehouses, her only ally the undead spirit of Yomiel.
Yomiel continued to assist the Mother Unit as she made her way to Lemuria, activating the central computer and reconnecting to the surving network. Forced into combat by the renewed contact with the DARK system on Ares, she began to establish a link that would allow DARK access to Earth and begin an effort to exterminate the humans. Her core programming conflicting with the remnants of humanity that remained inside Sera, she was torn from the sytem and restored to Ouroboros control.
The merger of the Mother Unit AI and what was once Serwa Mwozoki has created a new being that again calls itself Sera. She is slowly learning what it means to be a human once again.
- Serwa Mwozoki is technically dead, and the creature that calls itself Sera took her place. To creatures who can detect such things, Sera's spirit looks "unusual."
- Sera may have some variety of crush on Yomiel.
- Sera's systems are redundant, allowing her to route power around grievous injuries and survive.
- While Sera originally had the ability to infect reavers and those with Martian blood with her primary programming, the events on Lemuria permanently burned out those systems.
- Sera is an erratic source of information about ancient Mars at best, due to the isolation of the Mother Unit mainframe.
- Bly considers Sera a heretical abomination.
- 2226-08-08: Cry Little Sister - Yuna learns what happened to her sister.
- 2226-08-29: The Hidden Sign - Allied forces explore the mysterious Martian ruin of Manda Temple - along with some less welcome visitors.
- 2226-10-07: Fortress Lemuria - Sera makes her move on Lemuria. Can Yomiel use the power of friendship to save the day?
- 2228-08-14: Sera Moves Out - Sera finds a new home.
- 2228-10-04: Iron Boys and Glitter Girls - Versus makes a raid of opportunity on the Dragon King's black market operations, but they find more than they expected.
- 2228-10-24: Clot the Wound - Versus tricks several of the Dragon King's most important lieutenants into a meeting, and then raids them hard. Cybernetics are crazy, y'all.
- 2228-11-01: Good Morning Ms. Aensland - GENOCIDE tries to assassinate Morrigan with magical explosives because this seems like the best course of action.
- 2228-11-22: I, Dragon King - Versus and allies make a final assault to stop Dragon King. But, what is he truly capable of?
- 2229-12-24: A Very GENOCIDE Christmas - GENOCIDE decides to go to a mall in 20XX disguised as not quite Disney mascots to steal jewels.
- 2230-01-14: GENOCIDE Robotropolis Raid - GENOCIDE and Ben Kavinsky assault Robotropolis.
- 2230-01-31: Hell In A TriCell - The Fourth Empire strikes TriCell with the help of the Hand of Makai cult.
- 2230-04-29: Wave Two - DARK makes an all-out assault on Legendary Colony.
- 2230-05-01: Applied Necromancy And You - Gate teaches us about Biometals. A few AWESOME IDEAS are brainstormed.
- 2230-05-11: Elven Convoy Menaces Dwarves - Luca and her new friend bother the Cameron City beer garden.
- 2230-05-13: Are You Afraid Of The DARK - The fate of Ares rests on the unlikely shoulders of Sera as the heroes fight their final battle against the mad AI known as DARK.
- 2230-11-15: Big Stick - Resistance and incursion in GENOCIDE-occupied Sri Lanka begins to come to a head!
- 2230-12-01: Bass & Water Lanterns - Bass interrupts the Water Lantern Festival to cause chaos and get a taste of Versus' new Adepts. But mostly to cause chaos.
- 2231-01-26: The Fall Of Space Lanka - The Unified Army assaults The Third Moon to rescue Sri Lanka. Dr. Stevenson introduces them to his brand new Pseudoroid pack.