|Code Name||Theseus, Henry "Hank" Ellas|
|Secondary||Wrath of the Demiurge|
|Voice Actor||Tahmoh Penikett|
|Theme Song||Assassinations - Stateless https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZuwgE7uuek|
"All great truths begin as blasphemies."
Theseus has used many names, but the first he ever had was Gray. Built by Dr. Doppler to be an infiltrator and assassin, Gray was activated at the beginning of the Maverick Empire's decline and has never known a life not marked by constant war. Gray vanished after the death of Epsilon, resurfacing only years later under the mantle of Theseus. After rising to the top of Nephilim and leading a bloody purge of the group's most unsavory elements, Gray joined forces with QUILL for a fresh new start in the fight against the institutions which keep the planet in a state of perpetual conflict. Wielding a polymorphic matrix and an experimental sapper weapon, Gray is a versatile fighter who can pick up new skills and identities with surprising alacrity. While intelligent and personable, the last son of Doppler is also a cunning and ruthless killer who still does not hesitate to use violence to achieve his goals if the situation calls for it.
Hide In Plain Sight, Pretend Pretender, Anti-Strider, Finesse, Parkour, Acrobatics, Artistic Flair, Espionage, Badass Like A Greek Hero, But Also Cursed Like A Greek Hero, Hamartia, Animal Companion (Eisensturm), Ponderous Family Legacy, Wants To Connect To You On LinkedIn, Cold Hands, Likes Panera, More Human Than Human, No Soldier Left Behind, Secret Technique: Being Nice, May Have Committed Just A Couple Of War Crimes
Gray was built as the seventh prototype model of a proposed line of infiltration specialists by Dr. Doppler, the first of the line that he was satisfied enough not to pitch in the recycling bin. Doppler used Gray as an opportunity to try out a few experimental technologies that Doppler believed would achieve greater operating capability when used together. He was, of course, right, but once his project was done, he moved on to others and left Gray on the shelf. It was not until Doppler found himself a hostage in his own empire that he activated Gray for the first time, to serve as a bulwark against his own brothers.
Gray was born into one of the most tumultuous times of the Maverick Empire. The Sigma Virus had swept through the ranks, starting, of course, with Sigma himself. It was foolishness to resist, but Doppler saw in it the rise of something insidious and self-destructive that he could no longer control. Doppler hid from the virus, and hid Gray with him, building in the young Reploid conflicting loyalties and a confusing first look at the world. It was not until Overclock came to bring Dr. Doppler to heel that Gray would be captured, forcibly infected, and brought into the fold as a rightful scion of the Imperial family.
As a young Maverick, Gray was commissioned an officer by Emperor Sigma and put in charge of what was then colloquially known as 'the Nut Squad', a band of crazed malcontents and rabid dogs that no other officer wanted. Gray, built for silence, subtlety, and finesse, was instructed to wield the wild fire that was the Nut Squad, go out into the world, and unleash the terror of Maverick might as loudly and as unsubtly as possible. Gray tried his best to adapt to what was given to him and to serve his brother loyally. He adored his Emperor and obeyed his every command, trying to shape himself into what he thought Sigma wanted him to be. All the while, he suppressed the nagging feeling that something was wrong - that his father might have been right to try to flee the mad Emperor, that what he was asked to do was obscenity.
Gray served for many years before he began to come undone at the seams. Time and experience meant that he got the better jobs, the ones that called for his true talents and not the ones that demeaned him as a person. Still, he began to drift. He would go deeply undercover, disappearing into the lives of those he was supposed to be infiltrating, in the name of doing a better job of murdering them later. Eventually, he was demoted from his officer rank and put under the command of Magna Centipede, at whose behest he worked with Siren on tasks that were much more to his liking - they collected intelligence and ran deep-cover operations, all the while perhaps sensing that the other, too, was not completely satisfied with the Imperial mission.
After the Virus was cured and Sigma was finally killed, Gray's last ties to the Maverick Empire began to fail. He drifted farther and farther away until he had more or less disappeared. Epsilon returning with the Irregulars drew him out from time to time, but he was always awkward, uncertain of how to behave in more civilized times and whether to trust his brother, whom he had never met until some years after his activation. Eventually, Gray disappeared. He fell wholly into the lives of his false identities, drifting from one to the other not for the sake of any mission, but because being those other people felt more real than the life he had left behind. The Empire fell, slowly, and Gray was not there to see it.
Gray fell himself, though, further and further into a fugue, hoping to forget who he had been, and in the process, losing more and more of himself. It was not until a fateful accident sent him into the rehab that his false identity, Henry Ellas, a disabled veteran, was entitled to, that he began to wake up again. And once he was awake, he realized that he was angry. This anger would bring him to Nephilim, where fate was waiting.
- Has a dog named Eisensturm.
Cut Scenes featuring Theseus
- 2226-08-11: Berlin Calling - Theseus muses on issues of future import.
- 2229-07-10: And Burn the Rest - Theseus collects an old friend.
Logs featuring Theseus
- 2226-05-29: The Grave Joker - Bly takes something back from Schmitt.
- 2226-07-08: The Death of Showroom Hawk - A final confrontation.
- 2226-09-04: The Revolution Will Not Be Supersized - Burn Rooster attacks an Arby's.
- 2226-09-24: A Portentous Meeting - Nephilim wants to fight Pyron in Makai. There's only one person who can help them, and she won't work for free...
- 2226-10-24: Reagents and Catalysts II - Morrigan needs three things before she can send Nephilim to Makai. But something goes wrong.
- 2226-10-28: Adventures in Hell - Nephilim familiarizes itself with Makai ahead of their battle against Pyron.
- 2226-10-28: A Good Old Fashioned Witch Burning - Yomiel appeals to the old-school religious sensibilities of his people by burning Morrigan Aensland at the stake.
- 2226-10-31: Battle of Makai, Part 1 - The forces of Earth fight to save Makai and themselves from Pyron.
- 2226-11-09: The Truthiest Truth - After an argument that goes nowhere, Theseus and Tisiphone cool off over lunch.
- 2227-02-24: Unit Cohesion - Things finally come to a head between Theseus and Lumine. Punk intervenes.
- 2227-05-13: Lessons of a Dead Empire - Nephilim visits some Mavericks in another dimension.
- 2227-11-21: Hearts and Minds - Theseus interferes in a Greymalkin execution job targeting an old Maverick who's made good.
- 2228-03-16: The Great Allied Pub Crawl - For St. Patrick's Day, the Allied forces undergo a perilous journey across twelve bars, taking them on a journey around the world... and to Mars!
- 2228-05-25: Heirs of Epsilon - Hank and Sherry get to know each other a little better.
- 2228-11-16: The Fault in Our Stars - It's simple: We kill the Lumine.
- 2228-11-22: I, Dragon King - Versus and allies make a final assault to stop Dragon King. But, what is he truly capable of?
- 2229-04-09: Hunting Season - A distress call from Val Verde marks the return of an escaped project of Dr. Kirk. People show up to investigate. Theseus is officialy done with the doctor.
- 2229-04-10: Predators - After responding to a distress call and running afoul of an angry alien, the survivors of the encounter awaken on a strange world...
- 2229-07-25: The Secret Pilgrim - Hank and Sherry meet 'Kashima', aka Agent DIABLO, a mysterious new contact.
- 2229-10-09: Unwanted Guest - Theseus pays a visit to Raffinato at his base in the Pathe Tuschinski theater in Amsterdam. Cordial conversation ensues.
- 2229-10-23: Meet Dr. Bilstein - Nephilim investigates the mysterious names given to them by 'Kashima'.
- 2229-12-16: Only Happy When It Rains - Nephilim undertakes a perilous B&E op on Catherine Rain's apartment.
- 2230-01-23: Graveyard of Empires - A gambit pays off.
- 2230-08-06: Sentry The Defiant - Castle Bilstein must fall, but it has a dangerous defender.
- 2230-08-10: The Battle For Zeta - Part 1 - The forces of Omega head towards the final confrontation with Emperor Bilstein - but first must deal with Catherine Rain.
- 2230-08-11: The Battle For Zeta - Part 2 - The final confrontation between Emperor Bilstein and the forces of Omega.
- 2230-09-14: QUILL Gets Medieval - QUILL heads to Mystara to investigate a goblin invasion and winds up meeting new potential allies in Glantri City.
- 2230-09-30: Caravan Ambush - QUILL and Option Yammark help some adventurers lay an ambush for would-be ambushers to find out more information about Deimos.
- 2231-02-25: Reaper, Reaper - Joint forces of Versus and QUILL set an ambush for a strange hacker in September Record. Things go very wrong.
- 2231-03-16: Operation Chicago Dog - QUILL strikes the Chicago IMPERATOR node to try to find incriminating information on Albert Wesker. It causes problems.
- 2231-03-24: The Sable Tower - Unity and QUILL arrive at the Sable Tower with their allies... and there is a choice to make.
- 2231-03-24: The Dragon's Lair - While the heavy hitters assault the main gate, QUILL descends below to attempt to sneak through the lair of a long dead dragon...
- 2231-03-31: Deimos Lord of Night - The final battle against the arch-lich, Deimos
- 2426-10-16: Reagents and Catalysts I - Morrigan needs three things to send Nephilim to Makai.